Feed aggregator
Call Of Duty: Warzone Mobile Shutdown Date Announced And It's Not Far Away
Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile will soon be going offline. Activision has announced, through their support site, an end date for the mobile battle royale game, with servers set to shut down on April 17, 2026. That means that the game will remain active for two more months, but will not be playable after this time.
This does not come as a huge surprise--Activision ended support for the game in May 2025, and the game has not been available for new players to download since then. Players have not been able to purchase anything in the game since then, and new content has not been made available.
In an FAQ posted alongside the announcement, Activision clarified that the game is being taken offline because it "did not meet our expectations with mobile-first players like it has with PC and console audiences."
Continue Reading at GameSpotHigh On Life 2 Devs See PlayStation As Its Primary Platform Despite Game Pass Deal
While High on Life 2 and its predecessor both had substantial Xbox Game Pass deals, developer Squanch Games still sees PlayStation as the primary platform for the series.
"That was a no-brainer, like our lead platform is Sony, Steam is right behind it as far as units sold," Squanch Games CEO Mike Fridley said of the simultaneous PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC launch for High on Life 2 in an interview with TechRadar. "Shockingly, even after a delay on the Sony launch [on PS4 and PS5]--because of an exclusivity clause with the first game that Microsoft had--it's [PlayStation] still our lead platform," he said elsewhere in the interview.
That's surprising when you consider the High on Life games' connection to the Xbox platform and Xbox Game Pass. High on Life was released on Game Pass and as a timed Xbox Series X|S console exclusive in December 2022 before coming to PS4 and PS5 seven months later. Meanwhile, High on Life 2 launched simultaneously on PC, Xbox Series X|S, and PS5 on February 13, with the Xbox and PC versions being available through the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate tier.
Continue Reading at GameSpotWeapons Director Zach Cregger Was Given "Carte Blanche" To Reinvent Resident Evil For The Big Screen
Zach Cregger's Resident Evil movie could be a fresh break from its source material, as the Weapons director has been given "carte blanche" to do whatever he wanted with the IP. According to Constantin Film CEO Oliver Berben--the company is the primary rights holder and producer of live-action Resident Evil movies--explained that the movie is "far away from everything that is connected to Resident Evil," as the company is aiming to tap into Cregger's unique style for this project.
"With Resident Evil, we have had an incredible journey with one of the most successful international IPs of more than a billion dollars in box office for many years and now we are creating something new, not just a new story idea, but to allow a new generation to take the IP into their own hands and form something different," Berben said to Deadline.
Usually, video game adaptations cherry-pick from the source material to create something that looks and sounds familiar, but still tells an original story. There are exceptions to the rule--like HBO's The Last of Us TV series, which is mostly faithful to the video games--but most of these projects deviate from the video game IP.
Continue Reading at GameSpotYes, God of War Sons Of Sparta Dev Takes Its Name From A Real, Adorable Cat
A God of War 2D action platformer probably wasn't on anyone's bingo card for the recent State of Play livestream, but not only is the game real, but it's also out right now for PS5. God of War: Sons of Sparta is a new project from Mega Cat Studios, a developer with a very cool name and a storied history since its founding in 2015--as well as a heartwarming story behind how it settled on its studio name.
On the PlayStation Blog, Mega Cat Studios founder and CEO James Deighan revealed that a real feline helped inspire the identity of the studio.
Continue Reading at GameSpot
PS6 Plans Reportedly Thrown Into Uncertainty By AI Hardware Demand
The ongoing shortage of memory chips--which has been primarily attributed to AI companies buying up available stock--could push the launch of the PS6 console toward the end of the current decade, analysts believe.
Speaking to Bloomberg, experts who claim to be familiar with Sony's strategies say that the current demand and rising costs of RAM have led to a "major upset" to Sony's plans, as it is now considering pushing the PS6 launch to 2028 or even 2029. This lines up with a January report where a senior analyst claimed that there is a "high likelihood that the PS6 launch will occur after 2028."
Recently, Sony confirmed that it has enough memory to meet demand for PS5 consoles throughout 2026, but it is planning to negotiate with various suppliers to secure a reliable supply going forward. "As for securing a supply of memory, we are already in a position to secure the minimum quantity necessary to manage the year-end selling season of next fiscal year--October to December 2026," Sony CFO Lin Tao said.
Continue Reading at GameSpotDead By Daylight Movie Will Have "Relentless Genre Intensity," Says Jason Blum
Jason Blum and James Wan's Blumhouse and Atomic Monster lined up a film adaptation of Dead by Daylight in 2023. Nearly three years later, the movie is finally going forward with two screenwriters attached, David Leslie Johnston-McGoldrick and Alexandre Aja. According to Blum, these scribes are bringing the intensity.
"What David and Alexandre bring to Dead by Daylight is a rare balance of character driven storytelling and relentless genre intensity," said Blum in a statement via The Hollywood Reporter. "Drawing from survival horror and psychological terror, their work establishes a world where fear is not just experienced, but earned. It is a cinematic blueprint designed to attract a director who can elevate that vision through performance and scale."
As alluded to by Blum, the project doesn't currently have a director even though Aja has two decades of experience behind the camera. Aja previously wrote and directed Crawl, Piranha 3D, and the 2003 remake of The Hills Have Eyes. He is unavailable to direct Dead by Daylight due to his commitment to helm Under Paris 2 for Netflix. Johnston-McGoldrick has written or co-written three of the Conjuring movies, both Aquaman films, and the upcoming sequel, Insidious: The Bleeding World.
Continue Reading at GameSpotSpider-Man To Xbox? "Not Likely," Says Insomniac
The console wars may not be as heated as they used to be, but it doesn't mean Sony is going to let key franchises like Spider-Man go to Xbox Series X|S. When asked about the possibility about bringing the Spider-Man games to Xbox, Insomniac--the studio behind all three of Sony's Spider-Man titles to date--had a blunt response: "Not likely."
Although the original post posing the question was deleted from X, Insomniac's reply is still online.
Insomniac Games say it is “not likely” that Marvel’s Spider-Man will come to Xbox https://t.co/bH09zK7CIf pic.twitter.com/6eDV85Pytj
— Genki✨ (@Genki_JPN) February 14, 2026An Xbox port may not be in the cards, but the Spider-Man games have come to PC. As demonstrated last year, Sony's PC games are playable on the ROG Xbox Ally handheld console. If the next Xbox console is also able to play PC games, then that may allow Sony's titles to come to the system without getting a direct port.
Continue Reading at GameSpotLayers Of Fear 3 Announced With A Spooky Live-Action Trailer
A third mainline game in the Layers of Fear series, Layers of Fear 3, has been announced by developer Bloober Team.
The sequel was announced in a video celebrating the 10-year anniversary of the original Layers of Fear. It contains a lot of tone-setting footage, set to a spooky rendition of "You Are My Sunshine" - there's nothing particularly scary in the video, but it's a little unsettling.
Bloober Team CEO Piotr Babieno promises in the video that the Layers of Fear series is "still alive, still evolving, and still finding new ways to haunt". The video closes out with another live-action video, this time serving as a trailer for the third game. You can watch it below (but don't expect a lot of specific details).
Continue Reading at GameSpot